Monday, September 13, 2010

The day I was brave

I had multiple visits to the doctor.  A couple of months ago, I found a lump in my breast while taking a shower. I was so terrified, I mean who wouldn't be? I froze and stood there in fear and just prayed that I wasn't the next breast CANCER victim! I quickly called my mommy to the bathroom and she came running. I had told her the bad news that I just noticed. My mom just stood there in shock also, I could tell she was scared for me, because a tear fell from her eyes and her voice changed its tone. The next day which was day one we went to the doctor and explained to them my situation. My doctor quickly examined me, but it took longer then expected, because I don't like exposing my body to the doctors and I don't really care for my blood to be taken. I finally got threw the process and I went home wondering about the test results. They called me a couple of days later, which was now day 2. They explained to me that I had to have more test, because they new something was there but they really couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was.  I went threw some more blood work that day, light headed, hungry and weak. I went home AGAIN,  but I knew I was going to be back. Was I right? yes indeed, day 3, so I went again and this time they did more test, but more painful. I then laid on this cold table and the doctor put a needle in my breast to see if fluid would come out and it didn't. They took a bigger needle and they did the same thing and once again no fluid, so they finally figured out it was "trauma" to the breast, (its another word for it but I can't remember). I forgot to mention I did cry during the whole process including my parents thinking about the pain I was going through. My grandmother was there but she didn't cry, because she knew I was going to be OK, because she prayed and I was in GODS hands : ). They but a plate in my breast that I have in me till this day to mark the spot, if it comes back they know what spot to go to right away. I believe I was brave, because that was a scary feeling for ME and I dont want to ever go threw it again.

1 comment: